All coaching actives are covered by the London School of Basketball’s Insurance Policy which carries both public and employers liability insurance to the value of £10M for all coaching sessions, camps and clinics.
Though the coaching activities are insured, all participants (and parents/guardians of participants if aged under 18) are assumed to be fully aware of the following conditions of participation in our coaching activities and will be asked to confirm you are aware of and agree to these terms and conditions as a pre-requisite of any and all accepted applications or bookings.
In signing up to any of our coaching sessions, camps or clinics and confirming you have read these terms and conditions, the following points are assumed to be accepted and agreed to by the participant (or parent/guardian if the participant is under 18):
For good and valuable consideration, in exchange for taking part and possibly being filmed at the LSB coaching activity (hereafter referred to as “the Event”), I, unconditionally and irrevocably agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
(1) ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I understand that participation in or attendance at the Event involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, serious personal and bodily injury and property loss or damage. I understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume those risks on behalf of the named participant. I understand that the the London School of Basketball (hereafter referred to as “LSB”) will not provide me with any health, life, medical or liability insurance for any loss or damage that may arise in connection with participation in or attendance at the Event, apart from any direct and proven professional negligence administered by the LSB.
(2) FILM AND VIDEO RELEASE. In consideration of the LSB allowing my participation in the Event, I acknowledge and agree that the LSB may be photographing or filming the named participant during the Event for advertising, promotional or any other commercial purposes. I hereby irrevocably grant the LSB their affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees the unlimited permission to use, throughout the world and without any compensation, any photograph, video, image, interview or sound in any media of its choice relating to my name, image, likeness, voice and biographical information in any media of its choice, including but not limited to televisions, DVDs, films, radios, newspapers, magazines, websites, catalogues, brochures, displays for the purpose of advertising, promotion, or any other commercial purpose in connection with the Event and related activities.
(3) INDEMNITY. I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree to hold harmless, indemnify, forever release and discharge the LSB and their affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees from any and all injuries (including death), losses, damages, claims, lawsuits and any other liability of any kind of or to the named participant, his/her property or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of, or, in connection with my participation or attendance at the Event.
(4) I acknowledge the need for responsible behaviour while at this event and agree that this can be expected of the named participant. I understand that in the event of the named participant being part of any violent or threatening conduct, abuse of the rules or failure to abide by the direction and decisions of appointed LSB staff, this shall result in the named participant being disqualified from the camp and removal from the Event.
(5) I confirm that the named participant is in good health and does not have any medical condition that should prevent the named participant from safely participating in this event. I agree to inform the LSB, as soon as possible of any changes to the named participants medical circumstances either prior to or during the event.
(6) DATA PROTECTION. I understand that the information given may be kept on a computer database, which will only be accessed by the LSB. I understand I may be contacted from time to time by the LSB in relation to future programmes or promotions of relevant interest, on the understanding that the LSB will not disclose, sell or distribute my personal information provided on this form with any third party without my prior consent and on this basis, hereby give my permission to be contacted by the LSB for these purposes. I reserve the right to have my name removed from the LSB mail distribution lists at any time upon my request, which I expect to be upheld and respected upon instruction.
(7) REFUND POLICY. In the event of a player cancellation 7 days before the first day of the Event, you will receive a 75% refund (25% of your registration fee will remain with the LSB).
In the event of a player cancellation 6 days or less before the first day of the event, no refunds will be issued.
Credits are given only for documented injuries upon notification at least 48 hours in advance of the event.
(8) VALIDITY. If any clause of this form in part or in full is held invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. This form supersedes any oral or written agreement made previously in relation to the Event.