The LSB have adopted and implemented Basketball England’s RTP Guidelines across all coaching activities throughout the organisation. These activities include (but are not limited to), Hoopstars, LSB Camps, LSB Academies, 1-2-1 coaching, schools and community coaching. These new measures are essential in us being able to provide LSB programs and services to all of our players and communities across London, yet are ultimately only as strong as the willingness of everyone involved in our programs to comply and follow the new COVID-19 rules and guidelines for participation in any of our sessions during this time.
All players, parents and coaches are required to adhere to the following rules and guidelines to participate in any LSB session:
- All participants in any coaching or competitive activity (players, coaches, officials and staff) must complete a LSB COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
- In the event the status of any participant changes from what has been declared in the screening questionnaire, parents are required to update their child's status using the LSB COVID-19 PARTICIPANT STATUS UPDATE
- All participants must be prepared to have their temperature checked outside the venue before being allowed to participate in any LSB session.
- All participants must sanitise hands before, during and after every session.
- Coaches are to coach in close proximity with masks on to reduce the risk of aerosol transmission.
- No use of changing rooms will be permitted at any of the venues (participants should come to the venue with playing kit on underneath a tracksuit, or similar, and get ready for play in the designated area on the side of the court).
- Balls are to be disinfected before and after every session and wherever possible, participants are to bring their own balls to skills development sessions.
- No sharing of any water bottles is permitted and all participants should bring their own water to each session.
- Only players and coaches and (in the event of competitions) officials will be permitted in the sports halls to keep capacity under 30 at all times.
- Social distancing rules are to be followed at all all times other than when on court in a playing capacity.
- No congregating before or after any sessions, either inside or outside the facility.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL INFORMATION
- Parents should be advised that the LSB will keep a register of all participants names and contact numbers for each session, specifically for the NHS track and trace service.
- Participants must not travel to the venue if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19. If symptoms are showing, the participant should self-isolate and the parent should update the LSB COVID-19 Participant Status Update.
- All internal and emergency exit doors will remain open and fans turned on during sessions for increased ventilation where feasible.
- It is mandatory for coaches, support staff and officials to wear face coverings whilst indoors.
- Parents and spectators are not permitted in the sports halls to watch or wait. Chaperones to children may wait outside in a socially distanced manner or in their cars unless the child has disabilities or special needs. Toilet facilities will not be available for chaperones.
- Players and coaches should avoid leaving the court unless it is to go to the toilet.